Looking for IP's (intended parents) for your surrogacy is much like dating online, I've found. You try your best to convey your personality and ideals, without being too wordy or boring. You simply can't put all of your life into a couple of paragraphs and hope the other person can really see you as you are. On other hand, I've read through ads meant to find surrogates and they're pretty dry too. Most read like a laundry list of wants and are fairly emotionally detached.
It's my hope that I won't need to put out an ad and won't need to answer any. I already had somebody in mind when I made this decision. It's still very, very early in the process, but I look forward to talking more to them and hope our families mesh as well as I anticipate they will.
And back to the dating analogy, it feels like an impending first date. I'm excited about the prospect of the future and still scared of being hurt and disappointed. Such is life. =)
Monday, April 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment